Welcome!

Who am I you might ask, well I am Sushia! Former ruler of Atlantis, the Queen of the Ocean, Ruler of the Tides, Mistress of the Deep, Glamazonian Sea Goddess and aside from all that I am an entrepreneur, community volunteer and activist.

Enclosed you will find my tales of my life in Buffalo, NY. A city that like others hate and love very deeply.



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Plague Upon It!



So I recently came down with Cellulitis. However thanks to a good friend who upon seeing told me what it was and how serious it can me. She, being a heartfelt person I took it very seriously and after my cousin's wedding I gave the local ER a visit. It comes down to sitting in the ER for hours, once in getting a lortab and a bag and a half of intervenes antibiotics and was requested to come back the following day.

This first night in the ER I took myself there, signed myself in, pondered for a bit how alone I was, smiled through the pain, sensed the pain of others and pitied others as well. A few people had sent me text message, general in what I was doing and once discovered the situation I was in kept following up with me.
I hadn't told my mother as I assumed she was drinking with family, and I being her youngest child would only cause and emotional upset but told her the following morning that spent an hour long call of tears and her offers to take me back that night to follow up.

I was asked several times "why did you go alone?" and my only response was "who would I go with?". My emotional seperation has never been really more apparent until that moment. In a moment of emergency care I took myself to a hospital, possibly would have been unable to take myself home but determined to do so.
As lonely and scarred as I was to be there, it was my normal instinct to go it alone.

No comments: