Welcome!

Who am I you might ask, well I am Sushia! Former ruler of Atlantis, the Queen of the Ocean, Ruler of the Tides, Mistress of the Deep, Glamazonian Sea Goddess and aside from all that I am an entrepreneur, community volunteer and activist.

Enclosed you will find my tales of my life in Buffalo, NY. A city that like others hate and love very deeply.



Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Walking Dead


So anyone that knows me, sees me or talks to me on a fairly regular basis knows that I talk a lot about the Walking Dead and a pending Zombie Apocalypse. Discussions about this topic are held with other individuals (Volcano Todd) that have the same interest and individuals that have no interest in this subject at all.
Out for coffee, via text message, in the office these conversations are held. I am not fully sure how this interest came to be. Years back a former friend had discovered and lent me a copy of a book he found, The Zombie Survival Hand Guide. He and I built up a minor obsession of this survival guide and would discuss back and forth what we would need, to learn and what was unrealistic to carry around with you. Little by little this obsession grew to a full fledged interest.

I guess one of the things that have helped this along was the movie "I Am Legend" where it was fully explained that a man mutated disease infected the human body and made the zombie creatures. This struck a note in me. As we advance our world further and further we manipulate the world beyond the means it was originally meant to be. Of course if all things happen for a reason the Zombie Apocalypse would happen for a reason of course that reason would not be to the benefit of humans. Nonetheless, my theorist moment being over I should discuss my thoughts on the actual show.

So, The Walking Dead is based upon a comic which I have not read, nor knew anything about. (I now must find the entire series however) It's a story about a world post Zombie Apocalypse, however is the post of any apocalypse really any better then the apocalypse? I guess we really wouldn't know because I can't say that we as a race have ever experienced an apocalypse. (to make a side note, they call it a "zombie epidemic")
The show stars a deputy detective named Rick Grimes, who after waking from a coma doesn't know what the hell is going on. He fumbles through the zombie filled world, acting like a fool until a man and his son find him and inform him of the situation. From there he still doesn't quite seem to get it. It seems that he thinks of the flesh eating zombies as people, which of course may technically been true at one point however you can't negotiate a zombie, you can't take a zombie out to lunch (cause you are the lunch) but he still seems to have some heart and somehow talks the other people into doing foolish things.

To me, this "good guy" is a complete jack ass, this is the zombie apocalypse man you don't just mosey down the street hollering for people that you don't know are alive, without knowing the situation you are in or at least being real about that situation. It's not going to be a total all for one and one for all in the survival camps per say but lives that remain around you should be the first ones you think about. Not the hypothetical ones that you think, believe or "feel" are out there.
Drop the long arm of the law because YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE FOLLOWING IT. Face it, humans are innately evil and I wouldn't even call it evil I would call it animalistic. We will do what we have to do to ensure our own survival or that of our family group. (On a side note, in high school we read Lord of the Flies so that we could learn and discuss that man in innately evil. During that class my arguments were always against that statement as I didn't believe a bunch of boys running wild on an island, talking to pig heads and killing a boy didn't make them evil. I guess I'm too much of a naturalist to accept animal instincts as being evil.)

Anyways Rick Grimes, give up the good guy act, all you are going to do is hurt yourself or others which means make more zombies. Another reason that I'd like to read the comics is to see how much of a good guy he really is, per Wikipedia his hand is cut off in some skirmish with another survival group so I'd like to see that story line. I don't suspect that will be done in the series as another character has lost his hand.

I'm really going to have to stop at this point because all I'm going to do is continue the rant about how foolish, idiotic, and stupid all of his actions are. Of course this opinion is based upon my cold-hearted, disconnected self that would attempt to group with my friends and build my survival citadel if the zombie apocalypse occurs in my lifetime and by regroup that would mean meet in the required location, if not there I will miss you but you are gone by all accounts. If you do make it at one point, don't take it too hard you know the deal, it's the Zombie Apocalypse.

Live or Let Die Ladies and Gentlemen, it's a Cold Hearted World.

1 comment:

Volcano Todd said...

Thanks for the shout out.

You're definitely right that the Zombie Apocalypse could be right around the corner. It's up to well-educated persons such as you and I to do what we can to quell it's coming, but ultimately, if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. Luckily, people such as ourselves will survive and help humanity continue in a world wherein we are the second most dominant species while fighting the good fight to hopefully one day overcome the undead horror forever.

The Walking Dead has been amazing, but I have not watched the season finale yet. I'm working on another project that requires my full attention. I plan to watch it soon and offer a full season review on my own blog (shameless plug).

I'll be sure to let you know when it is ready.