Welcome!

Who am I you might ask, well I am Sushia! Former ruler of Atlantis, the Queen of the Ocean, Ruler of the Tides, Mistress of the Deep, Glamazonian Sea Goddess and aside from all that I am an entrepreneur, community volunteer and activist.

Enclosed you will find my tales of my life in Buffalo, NY. A city that like others hate and love very deeply.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. ~ Marilyn Monroe



Born Norma Jean Mortenson, June 1, 1926 she is an iconic Hollywood star, to this day remaining an iconic sex symbol,classic image of Old Hollywood and tragically linked to the definiation of Hollywood's dark side and probably one of the greatest stories of recreation ever in American life.

I recently saw "My Week With Marilyn", a film starring Michelle Williams as the legendary Hollywood starlet. I have to say with her first words uttered Michelle did a breath taking job portraying her.

This past New Year's Eve I recently had a performance at the Underground, a nightclub/bar here in Buffalo. The experiance was eye awakening and I always go back to the old say "how you spend your new years is how you spend your year.". Part of me hopes that this is not so, although I spent my NYE as Sushia, feeling attractive and beautiful I also spent it alone.
I spent most of the fall preparing myself for being alone. Going shopping, dining out, laundry, coffee alone but I wasnt quite prepared for spending my NYE alone, in a bar.

With this New Year Ive started a recreation of myself of sorts. Ive left my previous employer for a new one, in an industry that I have wanted to be a part of but have not entered before and Im trying my very best to focus on the moment and not six months down the line. (When I can post) However as I approach my thirtieth birthday, just sixteen days away I need to look towards my future. Who will I be? What will I be doing? Where will I be living? Will I be in love? Thirty isnt the of an era, Im looking at it as the start of a new chapter.

No comments: